Thursday, September 1, 2011

Golden Chicken

I know what you’re thinking.  What kind of a camping blog includes crockpot recipes on it?  Well, I think we established a while ago, that with my camper trailer, unlimited electricity and water, swimming pool and clubhouse, that I’m not your typical camper.  I recently joined a Facebook Group called Crock Pot girls.  It reminded me how great a crockpot is and I decided to make this trip easier on myself and try some of the recipes.  This is the one I tried tonight and it is really good.  The girls even thought it was great.  I do think that next time I would add a little garlic - real, salt or powder.  Maybe ½ teaspoon to give it a little more flavor.
1 can Golden Mushroom soup
½ c. white cooking wine or apple juice
¼ c. butter
1 pkg cream cheese (I used the Philidelphia Original Cooking Crème cause I got a load of them for 25 cent last time I was at the Poor People’s Store and it worked great)
4 Chicken Breasts
½ - ¾ t. Garlic (as I mentioned above, if you’d like)

Put chicken into pot, combine sauce and pour over chicken.  Set to low and cook for 5 hours.  Serve over angel hair pasta.  Enjoy!

This picture really doesn't do it justice.  I promise it's not at greasy as it looks.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment