Thursday, August 4, 2011

Day 1

Though the weather channel called for rain Wednesday night and Thursday, we didn't get any Wednedsay and woke on Thursday to beautiful blue skies.  I was in charge of meals today, so as soon as I got up, I started cooking.  For breakfast we were having ham, scrambled eggs with cheese, and fried scones with honey, jam, powdered sugar.  I quickly learned however, that not everyone would be joining us for breakfast.  During the night, the germ worms had infested my sister Dawn, and her daughter Emilee (16) and they were down for the count.  Jacob and Shelbie seemed almost fully recovered though, which was nice for them.

Back to breakfast - usually I make my scone dough, but since we were were camping, I tried a box mix.  It was Honeyville Scone Mix, and can I just say, it was really good.  It was easy to prepare and the dough cooked up just beautifully.  I would totally recommend them.  Everyone thought they were yummo!

This was a pretty lazy day.  I cleaned up from breakfast, then setup the craft that I'd brought for the kids, which were picture frames they could decorate.  Kev and Beth's husband Mike started doing some tinker job on our truck/camper.  Carvel, the sickos husband/father, headed into town to hit the Walmart, where he loaded up on Pepto Bismal, Lysol Spray and Wipes, and apparently Airborn for himself.

Day 1 Crafts - Picture Frames
Landon, Brinkley, Jacob, Lily, Kylie, Emilee, Shelbie
After crafts, the kids headed off to play.  The younger ones decided to have an Airsoft War, which was fun to watch.  The looked like Mercenaries hunting each other down.  They had a lot of fun.
Jacob, Brinkley, Dillon, Lily and Landon

Freeze Suckas!!!
After lunch we went to the lake where some fished, some swam, and some just sunned themselves.  A new addition to our campout this year was my niece Amber's baby Hadlee, who was 9 months old.  She was yummy sweet and a real treat.  Amber's husband couldn't get off work to come and we sure appreciated him letting his girls join us.

The brave ones - Brinkley, Shelbie, Lily and Beth.

Amber and Hadlee - Sun Goddesses.

I'd been dying to play a new game that my sister brought up, Banagrams, so after the lake we got cleaned up and were getting ready to play when little Miss Hadlee started throwing up.  Oh crap!!  She'd caught the Germ Worms.  Well, up until this point, I had pretty much stayed away from my sick sister's camper, but before I even thought, I started helping clean up.  I was washing hands and sanitizing like crazy, but Kev was still saying, "Oh, you shouldn't be doing that.  You're going to get sick."  Oh why does he always have to be right?

 I was cooking dinner too, and by the time we got Hadlee all cleaned up, it was time to get started.  We were having Barry's Marinaded Chicken, a Bowtie Pasta Salad, that I was really excited about trying, but it ended up kind of sucking, Zucchini and French Bread.  Today's sickies, Dawn and Emilee were starting to venture out and did have some french bread at dinner.  And FINALLY at about 9:30pm, Beth and I sat down and played our first game of Bananagrams, and it CHANGED MY LIFE.  OK, not literally, but it was one of the most fun games I'd ever played.  I LOVED it!  We played for about an hour, then headed to bed.  I was really excited about getting up in the morning to play again.  Mom was coming up to stay for the day, and I knew she'd LOVE the game and play with me all day.  Little did I know, but the Germ Worms had other plans . . .

Brinkley wanted feathers, and my Hair Dress Extraodinaire niece, Amber
agreed to do them.  Several of us ended up getting them, but Brinkley was the most excited.

Later, before bed, Brinkley, "I can't believe we got these for FREE."
Thanks Amber!

No comments:

Post a Comment