Sunday, July 15, 2012

Home Sweet Home

 We pulled into the Woodland Camperworld tonight for the first time this year.  My home away from home.  It feels good to be back.  After all the lamenting about new managers last summer, it’s good to be here and see that it all looks pretty much the same.  The new managing couple remembered Kevin and I, and that Kevin is on Search and Rescue - it's nice to be remembered.  And the park looks nice.  There’s little things that I could gripe about --- the lawn in the pool area looks uncharacteristically brown and weedy, the pool garbage can is gone (where in the crap are kids supposed to put their used bandaids that come off in the pool??!), they now close and clean the one and only bathroom in the whole park every morning from 8 – 8:30am (REALLY!!??  Do they know that we’re camping and people that are in tents wake up having to pee, with no place to go, but the one  and only bathroom in the park??!!) --- but I don’t want to spend my blog space doing that.  : )  Overall things look clean and well maintained. 
Our plan is to camp for two full weeks, until July 29th.  We’d like to stay about a week and a half here, and then maybe dry camp up the road for a few days, but we’re going to play it by ear.  Kev is here for tonight, then gets up tomorrow and goes to work and won’t be back until the end of the week.  He’s my hero for hauling me up here, so I can vacation and relax without him.  I look forward to the day when he can spend all summer up here with me.


First night of camping surprise for Lily - a new pocket knife.  A friend commented that she looks like Chuckie from Child's Play in this picture.  She totally does!  Scary.


Sweet Brinkley and her surprise.  New fins to practice for snorkeling with Papa!

No comments:

Post a Comment